We promote social and economic justice in Ontario.
The Atkinson Foundation values:
- trust as the basis for long-term, creative and productive relationships
- openness to and respect for differences in opinion, outlook and lived experience
- collaboration with allies in all sectors and fields for collective impact
- accountability and transparency in the stewardship of resources
- smart risk as a prerequisite for innovation and progress
We invest our financial and other resources to leverage community assets. We disburse approximately $2.2 million annually to advance our mission. We’re also engaged shareholders who aim to influence companies’ policies and practices related to social issues, such as precarious employment in the commercial real estate sector and financial services options for low-income Canadians.